This painting is a collection of seven fungi species that you might find around the granite belt (or more specifically Girraween national park):
- Geastrum sp. – ‘Earth Star’
- Lichenomphalia chromacea – ‘Yellow Navel’
- Macrolepiota clelandii – ‘Graceful Parasol’
- Pycnoporus coccineus – ‘Southern Cinnabar Polypore’
- Podoscypha petalodes – ‘Wine Glass Fungus’
- Ramaria lorithamnus
- Phaeotremella foliacea – ‘Leafy Brain’
I’ve always loved visiting Girraween national park, so wanted to create a piece that payed homage to this incredible place.
Below I’ve circled all the species so you can see if you spotted them all!
Some links to learn/see more: